Not much travel in 2020, for obvious reasons. Instead, let me introduce you to a local flavour of Germany (or possibly just Berlin?) — Waldmeister.
Waldmeister is a commonplace soda syrup flavour in all the stores around here, tasting much the same as Play-Doh smells; once you’re over the surprise, it’s rather pleasant.
Given that I am sufficiently experimental with my cooking that even my British friends are horrified (my German friends, upon hearing my exploits, shrug and say “well obviously, you’re British, that’s expected of you”), I have decided to make a dessert with this flavour.
- 50g butter
- 50g sugar
- 15g Waldmeister soda syrup
- 45g plain flour
- 45g grated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 5g vanilla syrup
- Enough cashew nuts to be interesting, exact quantity is up to you
- Enough chocolate vermicelli to be interesting, exact quantity is up to you
- Preheat oven to 170°C (or 150°C fan)
- Put the butter, sugar, and Waldmeister syrup into a small saucepan and gently warm, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Fork together the flour, coconut, and salt, then pour into the butter and sugar pan and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until smoothly combined.
- Whisk the egg (just casually with a fork is sufficient) then mix into the pan.
- Mix in the nuts and the chocolate into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes; when it is ready it will have just started to come away at the sides.
- Transfer to grease paper on a wire rack, and leave ~20-30 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Greenies (recipe)”
what have you done?????
LikeLiked by 1 person
*manic laughter, spooky lightning*